CAKE Websites Hiring Social Media Intern
Paid internship • $16/hour • 4-10 hours per week, remote/work from home position
CAKE Websites is a nationally recognized marketing firm specializing in cosmetic medicine. Our team of 15 staff members provide boutique marketing services to practices in markets around the US. We are known for our insightful and unique approach to online marketing.
The Social Media Intern will work under the direction of our Social Media Coordinator to help produce intelligent, visually appealing content for our social media clients. Many weeks would require 5 hours or less work; time would increase in weeks where we have special projects or staff members on vacation.
Skills you need:
- Writing ability. Accurate wording, free of errors, is critical in our work.
- A designer’s eye. You need to have an artistic sensibility.
- A creative, contextual thinker. You will need to have a basic understanding of social media strategy. Knowing how to shift your writing and design to align with a specific client, social platform, or marketing objective.
- Organization. We have multiple social clients that require 3-5 posts each week per social platform. With this large volume of content, it is critical to maintain organization.
- Experience with Google Suite. These will play an important part in your work.
- A helpful, collaborative attitude—our team adores one another, and everyone enjoys jumping in to help when needed.
- Someone who is comfortable posting about cosmetic medicine. Much of our clients’ content is centered around elective medical procedures, so being comfortable with the topic is a must.
- A local to the Western Carolinas, or someone that lives in our region. Most of our team works remotely, but we maintain an Asheville office and like to gather at intervals.
What you get:
- In-depth training in current social media best practices. From tactics to wording to design, you’ll be learning what is most effective on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and how it all dovetails with other online marketing efforts.
- Training in cloud-based design software. We use Figma to set up our social media designs, as well as the Adobe Suite as needed.
- Training in social media management tools. We use Hootsuite to monitor account growth, schedule posts, and review comments and messages.
- Be a part of a team of brilliant, seasoned marketers. You’ll be learning from creative professionals who design, deploy, and test a full range of marketing tactics.
- $16/hour and opportunities for growth.
Thank you for checking out CAKE and our open position!
Looking for just the application form? Click here.